Friday, February 3, 2012

Perspective

Job 38-39

For you close followers, you realize my blog’s description has changed . . . .

This reflects an observation made by my wife last night. Before going to bed, she leaned over to get a better view of what I was working on and noticed I had posted a new blog AND updated the look of my page. She quickly responded, “No, we’re not.”
I was lost. “We’re not all, what?” I responded. “Well, for starters, I’m not your husband; I’m your wife. I’m not a son; I’m a daughter . . . .” I got the message – clearly.

It’s funny how naturally egocentric we all are. We live our lives with our own focus, with our own perspective . . . usually it’s all about us.

Perspective.

How often do we limit God by our own perspective? I know I often do.

How often are we limited by our own perspectives? I know I often am.

How often does God limit us because of our limited perspective? I think often.


As Larry the Cucumber sings, “God is bigger than the boogie man!” God is limitlessly bigger than any situation, experience, task, consequence, or trial we could possibly EVER imagine – let alone personally experience. Why not live as Jesus Himself invites, Matt 11:28-30.

Really - He’s got this!

In today’s passage, read carefully, Job is consumed by his “situation.” In His response, God speaks of constellations, events, places, occurrences, nature, and phenomena that Job could not possibly have seen, experienced, known, or learned? I mean, God knew the world was a sphere long before we did! The church even put scientists to death for promoting such a heretical thought . . . of course “we” know the world isn’t round - HA! Of course the earth is the center of the universe! Of course the sun orbits the earth!

Life IS all about us, right? We ARE the center of all existence, right?!?

We don’t know better nor more than God, nor ever will on any issue – great or small! Errr, sorry. . . . Not even close.


C. S. Lewis writes, "Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

What’s the appropriate Christian perspective? To see others as Jesus sees them.
Give us your eyes, of Lord! Above all things, let us love as God loves us; let us give as God gave to us; let us see the others as God sees them.

Now, that will change your perspective!

I challenge you to pray for God to allow you to see others as He does.


Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment